Data Protection Statement «EchoSOS»
As of 25 January 2021
1. Collection and Processing of Data
- 1.1 The app system is divided into the following components
- 1.1.1 A system for calling emergency numbers and transmitting location to emergency services, consisting of a software installed by the user on his mobile phone (app EchoSOS) as well as its backend
- 1.1.2 A system for locating the user by the emergency services, consisting of a web application (website echosos.com as well as Web Emergency Locator PRO) and a backend.
- 1.2 The following data is stored locally in the app on the mobile phone:
- 1.2.1 The stored telephone number of the User.
- 1.2.2 The information stored by the user in the emergency card
- 1.3 Temporarily in the backend of the app: the emergency card information required for the creation of the wallet entry and deposited by the user (iOS devices only).
- 1.4 Temporarily stored in the backend of the website after a call has been placed are the following data
- 1.4.1 The telephone number transmitted by the user
- 1.4.2 The location transmitted by the user.
- 1.5 The overall system uses statistical data (non-personal) to:
- 1.5.1 Check the stability and functionality of the system; and
- 1.5.2 To obtain information about the general use of the system.
- 1.5.3 The third-party systems Firebase Analytics and Firebase Crashlytics are also used for this purpose.
2. Duration of Data Retention
- 2.1 Data will be retained as follows:
- 2.1.1 The data in the app on the mobile phone: until the app is deleted by the user.
- 2.1.2 The data in the backend of EchoSOS:
- 220.127.116.11 Wallet: from the time a wallet entry is requested until it is created (iOS devices only).
- 18.104.22.168 Emergency call: The data in the backend of EchoSOS: The personal data of the call: during one hour after transmission by the user. After that, the data is anonymised.
- 22.214.171.124 Statistical data: until the system is deleted by the operator.
3. Location of Data Retention
- 3.1 The data will be stored in the following places:
- 3.1.1 The data in the app on the mobile phone: locally on the user’s mobile phone.
- 3.1.2 The data in the backend of EchoSOS: on a Microsoft Azure server in the West Europe region (Netherlands).
- 3.1.3 If the user uses backup services of the operating system, local data from the app (configurations and content from the emergency card) can be saved by these services.