Data Protection Statement «EchoSOS»
As of 03 August 2022
All references to persons apply equally to both genders.
1. Collection and Processing of Data
- 1.1 The app system is divided into the following components
- 1.1.1 A system for calling emergency numbers and transmitting location to emergency services, consisting of a software installed by the user on his mobile phone (app EchoSOS) as well as its backend
- 1.1.2 A system for locating the user by the emergency services, consisting of a web application (website echosos.com as well as Web Emergency Locator PRO) and a backend.
- 1.2 The following data is stored locally in the app on the mobile phone:
- 1.2.1 The stored telephone number of the User.
- 1.2.2 The information stored by the user in the emergency card
- 1.3 Temporarily in the backend of the app: the emergency card information required for the creation of the wallet entry and deposited by the user (iOS devices only).
- 1.4 Temporarily stored in the backend of the website after a call has been placed are the following data
- 1.4.1 The telephone number transmitted by the user
- 1.4.2 The location transmitted by the user.
- 1.5 The overall system uses statistical data (non-personal) to:
- 1.5.1 Check the stability and functionality of the system; and
- 1.5.2 To obtain information about the general use of the system.
- 1.5.3 The third-party systems Google Analytics and Google Analytics for Firebase are also used for this purpose.
- 1.6 For patronage, EchoSOS collects the following personal data: First name, last name, address, e-mail address. EchoSOS uses the data exclusively for the purpose of patronage management.
2. Duration of Data Retention
- 2.1 Data will be retained as follows:
- 2.1.1 The data in the app on the mobile phone: until the app is deleted by the user.
- 2.1.2 The data in the backend of EchoSOS:
- 184.108.40.206 Wallet: from the time a wallet entry is requested until it is created (iOS devices only).
- 220.127.116.11 Emergency call: The data in the backend of EchoSOS: The personal data of the call: during one hour after transmission by the user. After that, the data is anonymised.
- 18.104.22.168 Statistical data: until the system is deleted by the operator.
- 2.2 If you are no longer a patron of EchoSOS, your data will be deleted after the legal retention period has expired. If deletion is not technically possible, the data will be archived and access rights will be restricted as far as possible.
3. Location of Data Retention
- 3.1 The data will be stored in the following places:
- 3.1.1 The data in the app on the mobile phone: locally on the user’s mobile phone.
- 3.1.2 The data in the backend of EchoSOS: on a Microsoft Azure server in Switzerland.
- 3.1.3 If the user uses backup services of the operating system, local data from the app (configurations and content from the emergency card) can be saved by these services.